Tuesday 20 May 2014

Martina Cole, Two Women

I'm so ashamed to admit I've read this, it's absolute trash and not even good trash like The Other Boleyn Girl or funny trash like Twilight. There is nothing redeemable about Martina Cole's Two Women

Martina Cole, Two Woman, review, book, paperback, misery memoir, trigger warning, appalling

The Plot:  A victim from childhood, Susan Dalston becomes notorious when she murders her violent husband with a claw hammer.

Rating: ¶¶¶¶¶ (0/5)

trigger warning- violence, rape, domestic abuse, incest 

I was after a easy read and fancied a detective story or a thriller, so God knows why I picked this up at the library. I was mislead as it was in the crime section and claimed to be 'the no.1 bestseller'. There's no mystery to be solved, and its basically a fictional misery memoir. If books like A Child Called It etc. are your type of thing you'd love this, but it's really not for me.

It is poorly written and predictable. The plot is just a series of cliches and stereotypes and I quickly became desensitised to the many, many, many tragedies of Susan's life. I've spent quite enough of my time on this crap book, so am finishing my review here. Save yourselves some time, and don't bother with this book at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment